• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tangerineman

tangerineman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:24 AM

Pocket Queries give me 2 upzipped files - one with geocaches and the other with the extra waypoints like parking co-ordinates.

I'm having trouble reading these extra waypoints on my Magellan 500 Explorist. I'm putting them in the POI file, but can't read them. I know the files in POI must be .upt files.

The strange thing is that on 2 occasions I was sucessful, comments and all were transfered. I haven't been able to do this again. I know that for one of the files I changed the file extension to .upt manually on the computer screen, and it worked. I haven't been successful since. I think I was using EasyGPS at the time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

#2 tangerineman

tangerineman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

I'm beginning to suspect that I was using the Magellan Conversion Manager to drop these files onto my gpsr, not EasyGPS. Many thanks to everyone who took a look at this thread to see if they could help.

#3 C. Lynn

C. Lynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Pocket Queries give me 2 upzipped files - one with geocaches and the other with the extra waypoints like parking co-ordinates.

I'm having trouble reading these extra waypoints on my Magellan 500 Explorist. I'm putting them in the POI file, but can't read them. I know the files in POI must be .upt files.

The strange thing is that on 2 occasions I was sucessful, comments and all were transfered. I haven't been able to do this again. I know that for one of the files I changed the file extension to .upt manually on the computer screen, and it worked. I haven't been successful since. I think I was using EasyGPS at the time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a Magellen explorist 210. I have been able to connect it to my laptop using windosxp sp2. However, my only option to save waypoints is as .gpx files. When I try to sent them to the GPS my only option is to send .upt files. Can anyone tell me how to convert or another option for saving?

#4 wrl

wrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

I have a Magellen explorist 210. I have been able to connect it to my laptop using windosxp sp2. However, my only option to save waypoints is as .gpx files. When I try to sent them to the GPS my only option is to send .upt files. Can anyone tell me how to convert or another option for saving?

I don't know anything about the Explorist 210 but I have a Magellan Meridian and the only waypoint data that it will read is a .upt extention or no extention at all. It will not read .wpt or gxp extentions. Normally when waypoints or routes are downloaded using MapSend (Magellan's waypoint edit program) they reach the Meridian without an extention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users