• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fred Blair

Fred Blair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

I want to use EasyGPS to download tracks from a Garmin ETrex and see if the user went around all the waypoints. The ETrex does not allow me to enter waypoints, just record points as they are passed.

Is there a way to enter waypoints into the program and then download the track from the ETrex and have it overlay the track over the waypoints.

Fred

#2 KWBlack

KWBlack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

I want to use EasyGPS to download tracks from a Garmin ETrex and see if the user went around all the waypoints. The ETrex does not allow me to enter waypoints, just record points as they are passed.

Is there a way to enter waypoints into the program and then download the track from the ETrex and have it overlay the track over the waypoints.

Fred

You CAN enter waypoints on the eTrex. If you are trying to say that you can only record where you are now, just create a new waypoint and position the cursor on the displayed coordinates and edit them to what you want. This can be done anywhere. You do not even need to be receiving a signal. And yes, you can create the waypoints in the program. Press F3 to create a new waypoint. This would be easier and less tedious than fiddling with those tiny buttons on the GPSr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users