DrDaveJ

Deleting All Waypoints

6 posts in this topic

Running latest release of ExpertGPS (5.19) and Magellan Meridian Gold.

In the software Helps, instructions for deleting all waypoints says to use Delete Waypoints option on GPS Menu.

No such option is shown there.

So, how to delete all waypoints from this GPS?

Thanks

DrDaveJ

Sorry, this feature is no longer available. It only worked with very early Magellan GPS receivers.

Thanks for the prompt reply. But, Bummer.

And I think this Unit is one of those old ones the feature worked on!

So, can I identify what to delete on the SD Card, and do it with card in the pc?

Am I indeed stuck with deleting them all one by one using the Unit's keypad?

Yes there is a way to do it. Been a long time since I owned that unit but I still have the Explorist 400 which is similar.

Go into preferences, then select clear memory, then select POI's/Routes that will wipe out all the waypoints.

Mike

I had seen that. On mine, it says Waypoints and Routes. There is another option for Routes Only, but there is no option for Waypoints Only.

Well, it's easy enough to combine data before transfer to GPS. I will live with deleting both and reloading what's needed, until I replace this dinosa---I mean workhorse!

Thanks for the help!

DrDaveJ

The Meridian Gold called them Waypoints, the Explorist 400 calls them POI's, same thing,

You could always download everything to ExpertGPS, then wipe out the GPS unit, then delete what you don;t want in ExpertGps and re-upload it back to the unit.

Mike