Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickT

waypoint not showing up

12 posts in this topic

i somehow have reworked how waypoints are displayed, and now come out very very small on a PDF.  The new version of expert GPS does not have the "edit waypoint type dialog box" any more.  I have deinstalled and installed a new copy   those commands dont show up.  I need to redo how it is displayed

Thanks again

Rick

You can now edit the waypoint's appearance directly in the Edit Waypoint dialog. If you edit a waypoint with type "Summit", all future waypoints with that type will have that style. If you have existing waypoints of type "Summit", you can select them all, right-click, and assign the Summit type to them, and they will be updated with the new appearance.

not what i am talking about  I am missing the ability to edit how it is displayed.  the attached are the edit TYPE  diaog boxes that are not here any more.  I want to change the MAP Marker,  Right now only 2 choices the one i created and NONE.

Expert~1.pdf

dlg-edit-waypoint1.jpg

dlg-edit-waypoint.jpg

Morning Dan  please look at the PDF attachment on the last string i posted.  there is a command for editing the waypoint diplay. that i cannot find.

Thank

Rick

The Edit Waypoint Type dialog was removed from ExpertGPS several months ago. It's been replaced by a simplified set of waypoint display parameters, which you'll find in the Display on Map section of the Edit Waypoint dialog. For example, if you want to make the waypoint text larger, change the font size displayed to the right of the Label on Map box.

Dan its the symbol size that is the problem. no matter what, when I print (it can be on anything) pdf , printer ect  the symbol  shrinks so small you can not see it    only the text label, is the only thing you can adjust the size to.   I want to change the symbol size when it prints.

Rick

Hello, Dan ... I try to stay off the site as a means of saving your time.
PLEASE !!  How about an ANSWER , more in depth, for the question posed by Rick T ??

I am having the SAME PROBLEM  ( why 'fix' what wasn't broken ? ) with sizing Waypoints.   I'm finding old information and now, now that I've come to the support site, note that you've done away with much of what I've become familiar with.

I don't use a lot of text on my maps.  It's nice that it's there if I do.  What I do spend a LOT of time on is noting ' Waypoints '

I use ' cruise grids ' and when I get to the ' spot ', I mark that waypoint with another waypoint.  

As it is now, ??   All I can see is where my tracks come and go but it is almost impossible to see the actual grid and / or the point on the ground I marked .

PLEASE !!  some help in getting these waypoints sized  ???

aaaaa broom.gpx

I don't fully understand your question. There is currently no way to make the GPS waypoint symbols in ExpertGPS larger, but you can use your own map markers instead of the GPS symbols on the map. https://www.expertgps.com/tutorials/creating-custom-map-symbols-and-markers-with-expertgps.asp

@ treecounting, just another user here.....I'm with Dan in not fully understanding your question, but I played with your file a little bit and maybe this will help.

Open the file you previously attached. Switch to the waypoint "List view", Now select one of the waypoints in that list, right click and choose Edit waypoint, and in the window that comes up, look and see what you have selected as the "Waypoint Symbol" in the Display on GPS section. (about mid way down)

When I opened your file, there was nothing selected.Since nothing was selected , that (nothing) was what was displayed up on the map Note: Whatever symbol you select , for whatever  "TYPE"....will be the symbol displayed for the type  in  any gpx file you open. Suggestion....set up several new custom "types"  named for the symbol , color and  size.

That selection is what will also be displayed on the map because of the selection just above (in the edit waypoint window) where "Map Marker"  choice is "GPS Symbol"   (in the Display on Map section).

Whenever you click on the pull down arrow in the GPS Symbol , you should see the full compliment of symbols available for whatever model GPS you have identified.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Dan Foster said:

I don't fully understand your question. There is currently no way to make the GPS waypoint symbols in ExpertGPS larger, but you can use your own map markers instead of the GPS symbols on the map. https://www.expertgps.com/tutorials/creating-custom-map-symbols-and-markers-with-expertgps.asp

... I was hoping to make my query simply a continuance of the concerns of Rick T ..... Sizing the Waypoint .  ... Thank You

Carl L. Hurst .... Thank You for your thoughts.   I am going to work through as you suggest and see what transpires.   I seem to remember I had a Garmin Nuvi attached at one point.  There may be some additional issues with Symbols.

I'll get back and report what I hope to find.

Again, Thank You .... 

Treecounting......Apparently, the NUVI or "something" changed that selection to "zilch" because I opened it up and chgd it to the big greennavaid dot . All became visible.

I tried changing it back to "zilch" but couldn't.Must be something about the EGPS / Nuvi communications.

Then I wrote the forum answer and went back to a file of a hike I did this am........all my waypoints were "big green navaid dots" !!

Changed my waypoint "type" symbol back to my default and all is well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0