bbr

ifinder hunt

5 posts in this topic

Hello gps gurus

New to this and im trying to see if the expert version will do what i need through the trial version before purchasing.

I have my SD card in but out of maybe 90-100 way points i have saved over the last few years, it only shows maybe the first 5-10 from several years back.

the main ones im interested in are from a swamp/flooded timber area i waterfowl hunt and only two of approximately 60 shows on the pc.Any thoughts?

There's a menu command on your iFinder to Save the data on your GPS to a user data file. You probably did that 5 years ago, which is why the SD card only has the old data. Do it again now, and then click Receive from GPS in ExpertGPS to read the latest data from the .usr file.

You are the man 👍. 

Now however, after making modifications on the pc, only a few seem to show when loaded to gps. Also how many files should I have on the SD card? Currently there are four.

1.voice notes

2. CPIACE.USR

3.DATA.USR

4.south central,east_.lcm

The only files that ExpertGPS cares about are the User Data Files (.usr), which hold the waypoints, routes, and tracks from your GPS.

Once you've modified the data in ExpertGPS, click Send to GPS, save a .usr file to the SD card (new.usr, for example), and then put the card in your iFinder's battery compartment SD card slot. Turn on the GPS, use Load User Data, select new.usr, and the updated waypoints, routes, and tracks should appear on your GPS.

Thanks,

Yeah playing with it i figured it out. I deleted the CPIACE.USR file as it seemed to hold a duplicate of some way points and tracks. Then I fired up the unit without the SD card in it, deleted all the tracks and way points and other gibberish i saved before basically understanding the thing. Edited the SD card with what i wanted,loaded it back to the DATA.USR on SD. Installed back into gps. Went into Menu X2- Transfer My Data- Load. And BINGO..nice clean hunting spots all onscreen.