Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Boone

Map Sources

4 posts in this topic

Hi Dan,

The source of the map displayed when I select "Show Street Map" changes from time to time, and I was wondering if there was a way to get a map that shows shaded relief and maybe some major roads, but not other text overlays. For example, on the first attached map (GB Boundary NM), is there a different server (or just a way) to get a map like this but without the place names and tree symbols (something like the second attached map, "Elevations," that apparently is no longer available)?

Thanks again for all you do to make eGPS a great program.

GB Boundary NM.jpg

Elevations.jpg

Jim, you can now use your own preferred map providers in ExpertGPS. If you REALLY want to customize the display of your map, you can get your own account with MapBox.com and change any aspect of the cartography you desire.

https://www.expertgps.com/help/custom-map-servers.asp

I'll be rolling out a new look for the default street and topo maps in ExpertGPS later this spring.

Thanks Dan, I opened an account on MapBox, and I can see the potential, but it appears to have a learning curve that I'll work on when I can (I'm preparing a speech for tomorrow, so not tonight), but it is not obvious how to get the URL. MapBox seems to have a URL generator for ArcGIS and three other applications, but that doesn't work for EGPS. Any quick and dirty tips from your experience?

I look forward to your mapping efforts coming in the spring!

The URL generator has a section called Develop with this Style, and options for MapBox and Leaflet. You want the Leaflet URL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0