treecounting

support ?
SUPPORT ??

5 posts in this topic

ExpertGps is money well spent but, I, personally, have had 50 / 50 experience finding support.

Is there an additional fee that I am unaware of ?    I recently added to an existing question regarding sizing of waypoint symbols.  This was met by a caution ' moderator needs to approve '    It has been a while, and apparently the moderator still has not adjudicated, one way or the other.

Would appreciate some coaching in the best way to ask a question and hope for an answer in a reasonable amount of time.

Perhaps my skill is too basic and my questions considered irrelevant.  Either way, it would be helpful to know.

I think some setting has probably inadvertently changed with the forum.  In the past only the post of someone newly posting for the first time had to be approved in an effort to avoid spammers. However, lately I've noticed that even the posts of folks like you who have prior postings are getting hung up and are requiring approval.  May have occurred when the forum software was updated or something.  This is something Dan would have to address.

It appears that your posting under the waypoint size thread was approved at some point by one of the moderators.

Tim Osborn .... Thank You for the note.   I see the ' caution ' still remains.  Perhaps it is simply a FYI caution / reminder ?

I don't know.  But I've had to approve both of your posts in this thread before they became visible on the forum.

I purposely changed the forum settings a while back to require moderator approval for almost all new posts and replies. This is partly an ongoing effort to weed out spam, but it's also because many of the messages recently have been about account or support issues that only I'm going to be able to address. I try to address those posts by contacting the user directly, and keep that stuff off of the discussion forum.

The best way to get support for a specific issue is to contact me directly through the error reporting features in ExpertGPS.