Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carl L Hurst

Disappearing Notes

4 posts in this topic

I have a map with 4 notes.

In the Notes List all 4 are listed separately and are the same "Type" ..Some disappear / appear when changing magnification levels and also  appear and disappear when map is panned one direction or another.

If i do a print preview then one may disappear and does not print.

Help me understand the rules for creating, placement for multiple levels, and printing.

Overlapping labels will be hidden.

If that doesn't explain what you're seeing, post or email a sample GPX.

Overlapping Labels as in "any text box" with any other text box , whether note or waypoint label or whatever.....no matter what mag level, is that correct?

Also, with labels close but all showing, choose Map, Print Map, Prieview, and one disappears. Is there just enough change in mag level when doing a Preview, that it may trip that condition? Even though mag level shows the same in task bar? That means when printing , the user  need to carefully verify that each and every label is visible in the Preview screen ( not just the correct scale viewing pane, with the print frame showing) or otherwise it will not be printed.

Panning Map left,, when LH end of label touches side of screen, label disappears....correct?

Correct. That all sounds like expected behavior.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0