Dieseldoc10

Garmin GPX to Lowrance USR ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all. Trying to get my Garmin data ( Tracks, Routes & waypoints onto an SD micro card (32GB class 10 San Disc)  that can be read by my HDS 7 Gen3 Lowrance. Can''t seem to find the right buttons in Expert GPS program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that this cannot send maps but looking to overlay this data on a base map to give me some feel for where I ACTUALLY am on Earth . Thanks in advance for any help folks. 40 plus years of Garmin data so don't wish to lose it.

What Garmin GPS model do you have?

The first step is to click Receive from GPS on the GPS menu to get the data from your Garmin. Did that work?

The next step is to click Add GPS Receiver on the Options menu and select your Lowrance HDS 7 Gen3. You might want to edit your waypoints and give them new symbols that match those displayed on your HDS. You can select a bunch of waypoints at a time to edit.

Once you have your waypoints and tracks edited the way you want them on the HDS, click Send to GPS and you'll be prompted to save a .usr file on the SD card from your Lowrance. There's a menu command on your HDS 7 to load user data from a .usr file.

If you have any issues, email me (support @@ expertgps dot com) the GPX file and the .usr file you created and I'll walk you through it.

I will try to make this work Dan. I appreciate the help.

thanks again.

OK Dan I have several usr files on the new card. Now I need to find that command that will allow me to load .usr data file to HDS. So close ! :-) My older Garmin was a MAP/GPS 76CS . Still have it and will keep it for a HH.